Review: Chez Dre

OMG I have been wanting to try this place for years and now I finally have =D I was so excited to try Chez Dre, even though it was a chilly, rainy day in Melbourne, the food really did warm up our hearts, and fingers, and stomach. The space is massive, with a lovely courtyard, hidden behind their dessert boutique, Biblelot (review here).

Hot Chocolate - $4 (regular size)
I enjoyed this hot chocolate, it's the same as I've had at many places
 it wasn't to sweet, nor bitter.
Spiced Lamb Jaffle - $16.50
I love my labneh so much, so that is the first thing I have to comment on.
It really brought the whole dish together and balanced out all the flavours.
The lamb jaffle itself was spiced really well with middle eastern flavours.
However, they used mince meat, which I am not a fan of.
The waiter was kind enough to accommodate for my disdain of rocket,
and replaced it with some parsley and radish. I liked the radish,
but cannot eat parsley like it's a vegetable, although it wasn't too strong.
The egg although nice, seemed out of place on this dish and didn't really
gel with the other components on the plate.
Confit Pork Belly - $23.50
The presentation of this dish was beautiful, and the serving size, very generous.
For me, the star of the dish was that pumpkin puree, it had a perfect, creamy
texture, thick and full of flavour. The pork itself was cooked well,
with a nice crunchy skin, The greens were sautéed well and I liked the added
crunch of the crumb. In this dish, the prosciutto was the lonesome ingredient,
but I still loved it!

Click to add a blog post for Chez Dré on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts