Review: New Shanghai

Dinner and drinks with my Melbourne friend's family. I've been here several times in the past few years, being my regular post-haircut lunch spot. They definitely do excellent Chinese food, with a vast menu to please all taste bud, plus.

p.s. we ordered several other dishes that we devoured before I could take a photo. They make a really crispy salt and pepper skin, as well as a super tasty and generous seafood fried rice!

Pan Fried Pork Dumplings - $8.80
Cute little morsels of juicy meat with a thicker shell and nice, crunchy
base. If you love classic Chinese dumplings, this will definitely please you.
Excellent flavour!
Pork Xiao Long Bao - $7.80
Haha we ordered a lot of pork that night.
These little dumplings came out just as expected.
Xiao Long Bao are known for their juicy fillings,
that retain moisture, to create a broth within, and these
were full of that warm, savoury liquid. The flavour
was just as amazing as the fried, but as always
steamed is more succulent.
Pork and Coriander Dumplings - $8
Typical Chinese dumplings again. I preferred the others
just because I don't like coriander, but I do like a bit of vegetable
in my dumplings as I can't handle just eating meat.
The flavours were still excellent and the fillings still juicy. 
Stir fried Eggplant - $14.80
I'm usually not a fan of eggplant, just because of that slightly
bitter flavour they have, but I love it when it'c cooked like this.
Another classic Chinese dish  of fried eggplants that have been cooked until
they are so soft and mushy  but still hold their shape,
and have that slightly charred flavour. Be warned though, it is highly oily!

New Shanghai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts