Review: Baba Sus

This meal was truly one of the best brunch experiences I have had in Melbourne. Baba Sus brings together two of my favourite foods, Asian and brunch!!! So what's not to love? The restaurant looked very fresh and new, with friendly staff and an open kitchen window that you can peer into as you eagerly await your food. We went in a bit late, and sadly they had run out of the Wagyu Beef Burger, but not to fear, this is definitely a cafe I will be hitting up regularly, and I encourage you all to try it as well!

Cookies and Cream Shake - $7
Sadly not the best shake I've had. It didn't have a very prominent
Oreo flavour, nor did it seem like they put many Oreos in the drink.
I like my shakes to have a bit of texture, so some real Oreo bits woul've
been appreciated.
Blueberry and yoghurt smoothie - $7
Again, not one of my favourite shakes. I think
blueberry just doesn't go with dairy as much as some other berries.
Still this drink was true to its name, strong on the
blueberries with a subtly tang from the yoghurt.
If you love pulp, this is full of it.
Inside Out - $17.50
Chinese inspired dish of scotch eggs with a dumpling filling encrusted egg.
It truly tasted like a pork dumpling in your mouth and was cooked superbly
with a runny yolk and that crusty crumb coating. The ponzu mayonnaise worked
really well with the egg, and I just wanted more! I've never loved mashed peas,
but the flavour did work well in this dish and was of smoother consistency than
others I've had and the mushroom again added a nice Asian element to the dish.
Hong Kong Egg Waffle - $14
This dish has definitely gone straight up there to be one of my favourite
brunch dishes of all time. It just combines so many things I love; egg waffles,
matcha icecream, custard, berries etc. And it makes it all work so well.
Some might find this dish a bit too sweet, but I loved it (and I don't have a sweet tooth).
The egg waffles were light and soft. The ice-cream truly tasted like matcha and was
so creamy. The custard had a beautiful vanilla flavour and that lovely thick consistency.
The berries added some pop and freshness to the dish while the praline added some crunch,
but sadly there wasn't much of it on the plate. Overall, a star of a dish at such an affordable price!

Baba Sus Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts