Review: Element 6

A rarity in Sydney's west, Element 6 is the only modern cafe I know in West Ryde, and it definitely does feel the need for good brunch places close by! It totally ticks the boxes on rustic, natural charm with its wooden walls & furnishings, wall art and geraniums. 

Green with envy smoothie - $7.50
I know, I know, must people shudder at the words "green smoothie",
but trust me this is one you will like. The taste of apple is
very prominent, as well as the mint, which I don't like as much.
However, the vegetable flavours aren't as strong,
just a slight leafy green flavour (like grass) and overall, it is
a sweeter drink thanks to the agave.
Milo Milkshake - $5.50
Not really worth the price, but I hadn't had Milo in a long
time, at least a year a think, and I just had a sudden urge for it.
It tastes great, as Milo always does, but I would recommend
going for their other drinks, because who can't make a Milo drink?
Also, I'm not sure whether they use actual ice-cream or fruits
for their milkshakes or just flavoured syrups, which would be a dissapointment.
Sassy smoked salmon - $15
w/ philly roumelade, asparagus, horseradish and poached eggs on spelt rye toast.
Not a fan of all the herbs and radish on the plate. Serving size is also quite small.
However, my friend enjoyed this and I would say for a small, healthy fix I would be pleased too.
Only improvements would be less herbs and more variety of veggies please! 
South-west Ryder big brekky - $17
Crispy blackforest bacon, 2 poached eggs, roast tomato, Boston beans,
onion jam and chilli corn cake.
Sadly, there was no onion jam which I was really looking forward too :(
The corn cake was also not chilli and quite bland and poorly textured,
I was expected like a ground corn cake, not a vegetarian patty with corn pieces.
I also am not a fan of rocket, would prefer mixed salad anyday!
In regards to the bacon, it definitely was crispy and had a lovely, not overly
salty favour with very little fat. Not sure what the blackforest means but I
assumed it referred to supplier? The highlight of the dish had to be the beans.
They tomato sauce to be exact, it was nice and thick, but smooth and
the perfect acidity for my taste-buds, while the beans were soft and mushy.


Element 6 on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts