Review: Warra Warra

That night we couldn't get into Chin Chin so we went here instead, would not complain. Warra Warra situated at the back of Tivoli Arcade is a small, friendly Korean restaurant with an amazing head chef, I was just watching him throughout the night, he had serious skills.

Loving the colour scheme, pastel chevron ftw!
Spicy Pork Topokki (Tteokbokki) - $17.50
The dish looked large and filling, but not enough for some men :P
Was spicy to my heat intolerant friend, but to me that redness
was so enticing, I was kicking myself for not ordering this!
Salsom Sashimi Bibimbab - $13.90
Slightly smaller looking serving but looked just as tasty.
Pork Bibimbab - $13.90
Again looked good, not quite sure if it was actually pork belly though.
Scallop and seafood spring onion pancakes - $15.70
What can I say, I love my seafood. I was watching the chef
prepare this and it looked amazing, and although that
presentation is superb, my dish did come out quite late and was lukewarm.
In terms of flavour, it was very basic: egg, sweet BBQ like sauce
and soft prawns and scallops. Overall all components of the dish didn't
have a strong flavour, so although it was a lovely savoury dish, it
didn't pack a punch, and you guys know I love to overload on seasoning
and condiments.
Sides - Kimchi & Pickled Onions
I loved the pickled onions, it reminded me of the onions and garlics my
relative pickle back in China. Kimchi on the other-hand I have never been
a big fan of, that being said these tasted normal (I tried it just for you).
I would've preferred more sides though, I love Korean restaurants for their
abundance of free sides so I was disappointed with the lack of potatoes or fish tofu etc.

Warra Warra on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts