Review: Maya Tequila Bar & Grill

Finally had a long awaited Mildura family catch up at Maya Tequila Bar & Grill in South Yarra. It was a great night filled with great company and good food. Hope for another catch up soon!

We used a groupon voucher $60 for $120 spend which made for a really cheap dinner with drinks!

He asked for the shout out, hope you enjoy it Sanjay xx
(ain't he so photogenic)
Totopos Frijoles Negra - $7
Started the night with some "tortilla chips" and dips.
This one was black bean, we also ordered guacamole ($8).
I loved the texture of the chips, they were crispy, but not too oily
and the flavour of both dips were lovely, especially the guacamole.
Raspberry Margarita - $55/pitcher
Allowed myself to drink tonight, I really enjoyed this drink, it had
generous fruit pulp which I know a lot of people dislike, but I
personally prefer the all natural pulp and all. It was also really good
value for money with a pitcher enough for at least 8 drinks.
Carne Asade Taco - $14
I tried a bit of this and sadly it was very bland, the beef had no seasoning,
the salads just tasted plain and there wasn't much sauce.
Chipotle Beef Quesadilla - $16
Generous size for price. I didn't try this, but those who did liked it. 
Pierna Taco - $14
Again didn't try but pork belly does sound so tempting.
Carne Asada Burrito - $18
My chosen dish, burrito are just everthing you want packed in one.
The beef was seasoned more than the taco one. The rice however didn't add
much in terms of flavour, I would've preferred more salad. I also would've
preferred more guacamole and sour cream, because as you all know,
I love my condiments. Overall it was a tasty dish, but I definitely would've preferred
more heat and lime. Sadly I would say Zambrero's burrito is better.

Maya Tequila Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts