Review: Cow & The Moon Artisan Gelato

A local classic, but since it's announcement as the best gelato in the world, Cow & the Moon has been gaining much popularity, with massive queues around the corner. I decided to go the day after it featured in good food and yes there was a line as expected but my wait time was only about 5-10 minutes.

Small - $5 (two flavours)
I was surprised by the offering of two flavours for small, making it much more worth it for the price!
A downfall of the gelato is that they melt too fast. It is my daily struggle to
win the battle between ice-cream vs. tash, and sadly I am often the loser.
I know gelato is usually stored at a higher temperature to ice-cream,
but it was already quite soft when served, so a few degrees lower wouldn't hurt right?
Left side: Affogato
I didn't like this flavour, but it was their award winning one so I had to try it.
It had no coffee taste for me at all. Instead it was heavy on  the butterscotch which
 I dislike as you all know. For a caramel lover, this would be heaven upon
heaven with the caramelised pecans but for meit is a no go zone.
Right side: Passionfruit
This was lovely, I usually prefer fruity sorbets over milk based but I really enjoyed this one,
it was light, creamy and had a lovely zesty flavour, perfect balance of sweet and sour.

Cow & The Moon Artisan Gelato on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts