Review: Coco Cubano Blacktown

My first day out after I came back from overseas (yes I know, those posts aren't up yet, but trust me, they will be in the next few weeks!) A day well spend with 2 of my closest girlfriends, making cocktails, playing board games and of course pigging out on food. After our successful Dan Murphy's run for booze, we stopped at Coco Cubano, in Blacktown Westpoint for lunch. This is my second time ever eating at this chain, first time was about 3 years ago in Parramatta. They do a variety of sweet and savoury food, as well as Mexican/Spanish influences. They are also a licensed venue so there is an extensive drinks menu.

Breakfast waffles - $10.90
Berry compote, maple syrup and premium vanilla ice cream.
I didn't have this, but my friend, who eats breakfast at any meal of the
day did. Doesn't it look so nice though. Of course it is all sweet, so
for some might be to sugary (like me), but just by the looks of it, the
compote looks amazing, and at only $10.90 it is quite a cheap deal.
Chicken Burger - $16.90
Lemon, herb chicken tenderloins w/ bacon, aioli, cheese, bbq sauce, rocket
and jalapenos served on a brioche bun with wedges.
They are adopting the rustic, café style presentation too, not that I'm complaining.
I didn't try the burger, but I did eat all of my friend's jalapenos mmm....
The wedges were also really nice, not very crispy, but really soft and silky.
I didn't fancy the aioli much though, wasn't strong on flavour, needed more garlic.
Fajita - $15.90
Choice of smokey pork, chicken or haloumi w/ tortilla, fresh salsa, salad, guacamole & sour cream.
Although this dish was tasty, and the chicken was seasoned nicely with herbs, it still
definitely needed more punch. The guacamole could've done with more zing.
Even though I ate my friends jalapenos I really could've done with some chilli sauce,
for flavour and moisture. I am definitely glad I chose chicken though, based on past
experiences with pork.
Crunchy Fries - $6.90
Mmm how I have missed French fries, and these definitely were really crispy.
I could've done with more chilli salt, but they were still great, who doesn't
love fries right? And with ketchup, even better!


 Coco Cubano on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts