Review: Jonga Jip

Dinner outing with my "second family". This was back when I just came back to Sydney from Melbourne. Honestly, it's quite nice to not be eating out so much atm because I can catch up on all these backlogged posts, but damn do I also miss good food, and a good catch up. Anyway, Jonga Jip is renowned for their free refill of sides. YES FREE!!!! With a store in Epping and TWO in Eastwood, take your pick!

NB: not pictured - Green Onion Seafood Pancake. We were just so hungry, we ate it right away, also our food was piling over onto the next table, as it was massive. I think everyone had 2 slices or more, it was legitimately the size of a large pizza, sooo filling & tasty! Also when we went, they had a promotion where if you liked their FB page you received a free drink, although not all drinks were available.

Bountiful sides
There's a mix of pickled vegetables, kimchi, salads, syrup coated potatoes,
fish tofu and more. Honestly, even without refills it would be enough
Korean BBQ
Featured is the marinated chicken for $19. Believe me there was more
on the plate than that. Also I loved the marinate
Other meats we also ordered include:
Beef Tongue - $19
Rib Eye Steak - $25
I didn't really like the beef tongue. I've never had it BBQ before,
and for good reason, because tongue is a tough meat to begin with
and then you BBQ it and it becomes all dry and chewy, plus it wasn't seasoned at all.
The steak on the other hand was much better, more juicy and flavoursome.

Bibimbap - $15
You can never go wrong with bibimbap, and the same applied to this.
They don't have alternative meats, just beef, but the beef is well marinated
and seasoned. 


Jonga Jip on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts