Review: Coco Lounge

I don't know how I ever forgot to review this place, I thought I had, but upon a random epiphany, I did a quick search and realised I did not publish nor draft this EVER! Eurgh what a fail moment. I guess the day was just too amazing and hectic it went over my head, but back in October we went to Coco Lounge to celebrate a friends birthday, we luckily had a morning off uni as lectures were cancelled, so we actually got to celebrate on her real birthday and here are the results.

p.s. this place also does lunch and dinner, and is a licensed venue


Peppermint Crisp - $4.90
Hot chocolate w/ mint syrup.
I was not expecting such a tall glass, so this definitely
was worth the price tag. Doesn't it just look so pretty?
And it tasted even better. Ahh I love choc mint flavoured anything,
this hot chocolate was so creamy and had a nice balance of flavours,
not too sweet and not bitter at all.
Eggs Begs - $15.90
2 poached eggs, bacon, avocado salsa and hollandaise on 7 grain sourdough toast.
This place is a bit pricier on the food, and I definitely did not think this
serving size was worth the price, but this was one of the cheaper items on the menu.
In terms of flavour, I really liked the avocado salsa, with tomatoes in it.
For the eggs I would've liked the whites cooked through a bit more, and
the hollandaise was mild and nice.
Pikelets - $18.50
Zucchini and leek pickelets with 2 poached eggs, house cured salmon and avocado salsa.
Although this item isn't on the menu anymore, I recommend you try it if it ever comes back.
The pancakes are really well made and flavoursome. A good option when wanting something sweet
but savoury.
Starvin Marvin - $19.90
2 fried eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, spinach,
spiced tomato & dark ale relish w/ sourdough toast.
The most expensive big breakfast I've seen. I would usually split this between two,
but my friend, the special birthday girl managed to devour it all on her own.
I didn't try much of this, had some mushrooms and relish, and I must say that
relish was really nice. Otherwise I think it's safe to say you can find similar big breakfasts
for cheaper elsewhere.


Coco Lounge on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts