Review: Tall Timber

Had a lovely lunch break with a girlfriend first week back at uni and again this week with some other friends. Away from the hoard of cafes, restaurants and shops around Chapel St and South Yarra Station, Tall Timber truly has made a name for itself on quaint Commercial Rd.

Hot Chocolate - $3.80
Not the greatest hot chocolate I have had, but still decent,
and a lovely level of foam.
Ice Coffee - $5
The other day my friend was telling me about how she
hates ice coffee because it changes the character of the coffee,
and I didn't really understand her, but today I could tell.
There definitely was less aroma and the flavour seemed diluted,
but still I nice ice coffee. Personally I prefer chillers
and/or some ice-cream in it.
Breaky Board - $16.50
w/ small OJ, muesli with fresh berries and yoghurt, dukkah poached eggs &
hummus on pumpkin toast, and smashed avo.
This is a great way to sample a bit of everything, also I think a perfect dish forthe little ones.
I know it's meant to be a bit of a sampler tray but I personally would like
2 eggs, you need something more to eat with the large amount of hummus & avo.
Apart from that, I preferred the granola in the dish below to this muesli - just
not a big fan of raw oats - but it does have an almost identical taste to the granola.
I tried a bit of the hummus and smashed avo and both were lovely.
Banana & Coconut, Chia Pudding - $12.50
Firstly, loved the dish as a whole, just look at how cute it is.
The cool, jelly like chia really complemented the crunch of the granola. 
Also loved the little cacao nibs, I just think they are so cute and taste great.
Generous with the fresh fruit and yoghurt too, but could've done without the herbs.
This is just a really fresh, cool dish to have on a hot summer's morning. 
Be warned, it definitely is strong on the coconut oil, 
but I didn't mind it while my friend was definitely not a fan.
Timber Benedict - $19.50
The priciest dish on the menu, but I have never had a pulled pork
eggs ben before so I had to try it. (Also last time I came here,
the table next to us ordered this and I was so jealous).
Taste wise, the hollandaise sauce was missing that citric and mustard
punch. Instead it was sweeter with the apples, which didn't really
sway me here nor there, but was nice. The pork was really saucy with the hollandaise, 
but there wasn't enough sauce to go around, so buy the end of it I just let my friend
eat the rest because it was a bit dry for me. All in all it was definitely
worth the try, and not something you can find in most cafes.
p.s. it is very filling, I didn't even feel like eating dinner.
Beetroot Cured Ocean Trout - $17.50
This dish just looks so lively and healthy, with all the greens,
salmon and quinoa. I didn't try any of this but my friend
really enjoyed it, as I'm sure many health enthusiasts will.

Menu:




Tall Timber on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts