Review: Pho 55

Went here for their Grand Opening on the 18th of February. I was not expecting the big crowds and neither were the owners, but maybe CNY had something to do with it? Either way, my eagerness to try this place out dwindled with the below average customer service and excruciatingly long wait time. We waited over an hour for our meal while I saw other people seated after us have their meals served. They also came back to "reconfirm" our order after the already long wait, once the restaurant had become quite empty, I would've appreciated if they were just honest about losing our order. Apart from that disappoint, and with the hunger to eat, I forgot to take photos of the pho :( And did some dodgy photography of other peoples' meals (don't judge me please).

Three Coloured Drink - $4
Firstly, I just find the English translation, although accurate, hilarious.
It just sounds so weird. That being said it did taste amazing,
a bit too sweet for me and hard to eat without a spoon,
but overall I enjoyed it.
Firstly, yea don't judge me for taking a photo of someone else's food,
trust me I don't eat that messy and you all know what pho looks like anyway.
Beef & Chicken Special - Small $11 (Medium - $12)
I specifically asked the waiter if "special" meant it had all the offal of the animal,
e.g. tripe, tendons etc and she said yes. However, sadly when I received it,
it had this tiny piece of tripe which I think accidentally fell in and otherwise, just
pieces of beef and chicken meat. My broth was also a chicken based broth and had a weird
herbal taste, like they overdid it with one spice, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.
Sliced beef - Small $10 (Medium $11)
Had a taste of my friend's soup and it was so much better, so I definitely recommend the beef one.
Also although he ordered a medium, and I a small, both bowls were the same size, so I assume
the medium sized special ones come in an even larger bowl?

Menu: (sorry I didn't take photos of every page, yea that was my derp day)



Pho 55 on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts