Recipe: Baked Eggs

YAY! I have finally reached 100 posts, only took me a bit over a year, but it's a milestone I am so happy to achieve because I never stick to anything. I really lack orientation in life and am really bad at commitment lol, but to celebrate I thought I'd write a recipe, as that's more personal and sentimental, me actually sharing a part of myself with all of you (not literally, I am not the food). Hope you all enjoy this classic brunch dish recipe that you no longer have to fork $15+ for :)

p.s. again I eyeballed everything. I just use enough of each ingredient so that even portion gets a decent amount.

Ingredients: (serves 4)

  • 1 capsicum, diced
  • 100g frozen/fresh spinach
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 can of concentrated tomato soup or canned tomatoes
  • 2 chorizos or 6 twiggy sticks, sliced* 
  • 4 large eggs
  • Grated cheese to top it off

Method:

  1. Grease baking dish with oil and preheat oven to 200c (if you like eggs cooked through, set to lower temp and bake for longer, I like my yolk slightly runny).
  2. Pour in the tomato sauce, then scatter vegetables evenly throughout.
  3. Season with pepper (salt is found in most of the ingredients already).
  4. Crack in the eggs, one in each quadrant, season with salt & pepper if wanted.
  5. Place in oven for about 10-15 minutes.
  6. Then remove from oven, egg will just be turning white at this stage, and place in the chorizos and grated cheese.
  7. Return to oven for another 5 minutes. I like to turn off the oven at this stage and just the dish finish cooking in the residual heat.


*(essentially any spicy,cured sausage or meat/meat substitute of your fancy)

Adapted from: myself :P

Comments

Popular Posts