Review: Tuckshop Takeaway

I swear my friend has a problematic addiction to this place, but I can see why. Although it boasts a very small corner front, Tuck Shop Take Away truly serves up amazing burgers. I am still yet to eat in but am keen to try their jaffles, shakes and of course renowned soft serve. Having wanted to check this place out for almost a year now, I am glad to have accomplished that goal =D and I recommend you all check it out too.

Minor Burger - $9.50
So this is the basic burger, but you can add extras at a small cost,
and they also have a vegetarian burger option.
Just look at this beautiful mess, you honestly can tell how good a
burger is by how messy it is to eat. First of all, a succulent patty
makes all the difference. Was also very generous with all the veg,
the cheese was nicely melted and that sauce was amazing. However,
it was really runny so that most just leaked out of the burger
and left my mouth feeling a bit dry.

Updated: Round Two


Minties Milkshake - $7
Probably the most expensive milkshake I've ever had, but it really was nice,
a bit thicker than normal and serving size was decent.
The flavour was sooo good, I just love mint,
but it really did taste like minties, with that mix of sweet but also strong scent.
My friend said that it was too sugary though, and I agreed, but apart
from that, I recommend trying out their interesting flavours.
Pulled Pork Jaffle - $7.50
w/ smoked chedder bechamel.
Firstly, I wouldn't really call the sauce a bechamel, and there
really wasn't more of it, which was disappointing.
But the pork itself was moist, well flavoured, with that smoky BBQ taste.
The filling size was also really generous, there was tonnes of meat.
All in all though, I don't think this will fully fill you up, but does leave you satiated. 


Tuck Shop Take Away on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts