Review: Short Stop

Again Shortstop was of those places I was keen to try before they even opened, and yet again it has taken me forever to trek into the city and buy some of these delicious babies. I definitely recommended trying them out, they have some really interesting flavours, but personally I still like Doughboys more.

Clockwise from top left to bottom left:
Hazelnut Chocolate & Banana - $4.50
Definitely my favourite of the whole lot. The cake
base was just so moist and oozed banana flavour. The
chocolate was also decadent and who doesn't love that much
hazelnut?!?!? Seriously was foodgasm worthy. Some times they
make a filled version of this flavour, and I bet that will taste
even better!
Earl Grey & Rose - $4.50
A subtle but interesting flavour, definitely got the hint of bergamont,
The dried rose petals added a surprising burst of floral flavour,
overall a simple, quaint flavour.
Blueberry - $4.50
This flavour was not what I expected, but none the less I loved it.
It was more a sour blueberry flavour, especially in the coating,
with pieces of  sweet blueberries in the cake. This batter was lighter than a cake,
but denser than a pastry and also a bit dry, but that was it's only fault.
Vanilla Bean - $4
Classic flavour, definitely wasn't bad, the pastry wasn't too oily,
but there was nothing special, Krispy Kreme would have sufficed
and been cheaper.
Matcha & Black Sesame - $4.50
At first I found this flavour really strange, but it grew on me the more I ate.
This is really authentic matcha, with that strong savoury, seaweed taste,
which you can imagine can be pretty offensive, but honestly it
is such a unique flavour that I would say was my 2nd favourite of the lot.
Sadly the matcha did overpower the black sesame flavoured cake and
I would've liked a bit more sweetness in the cake, but overall LOVED it!

 Shortstop Coffee & Donuts on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts