Lifestyle: Melbourne Food & Wine Festival 2015

Urgh it happened again, blogger didn't save any of my work :( and for some reason my internet has been horrible the whole day! First world problems right. Anyway, the annual Melbourne Food & Wine Festival is on again this year, and this is your final week to check out all events, with things happen in Melbourne CBD as well as surrounding suburbs. So, be sure to check out their website for more information: http://www.melbournefoodandwine.com.au/

Pinchy's Lobster Roll - Free!
Provided free by the Bank of Melbourne, made by Pinchy's.
This cute little lobster roll tasted nice, although of course
minuscule in size. But honestly, who can complain when
it's free. Do be warned, my friend found a bit of plastic in his.

Pinchy's on Urbanspoon

Eat A Scroll:

Clockwise from top left:
Prices - $3 each or 4 for $10
Pistachio & Sour Cherry Croissant Roll
My least favourite of them all, this was essentially a puff
pastry roll, but was a bit too dry for me, as you might be able
to tell in the image, had quite a few dark bits on it.
In terms of flavour though, I did like the sour cherries, but
the pistachios were more decorative than flavour.
Peanut Butter & Banana Brioche Roll
Honestly to me, it had no banana flavour whatsoever, just
tasted like a plain brioche roll with some smooth, sweetened
peanut butter paste on the top, that being said it still tasted lovely.
I would also say, all the brioche rolls were so airy and soft, like
biting into a pillow or marshmallow.
Coconut & White Chocolate Brioche Roll
Again, it just tasted like icing to me, rather than like white chocolate.
But I did love the roasty shredded coconut.
Cream Cheese Brioche Roll
A simple, but a classic. The cream cheese was the right consistency
and level of sweetness, and again, the brioche just amazing.

Pop Up Scroll on Urbanspoon

Jay's Yogurt

Create your own mix of natural yoghurt - $7
Add any flavours you want from a variety of fruit, chocolates, tim tams etc.
This flavour had tim tams, choc chip cookies, and coffee.
I didn't try any of this, but my friend really enjoyed it and it
looked really good to me.

Burch & Purchese:

Peanut Butter Ice-Cream Sandwich - $6
Seriously, it may look small, but it was so filling, I could only eat about half.
It terms of flavour, the peanut was definitely evident, and the chocolate shell
was chilled well with a nice crunch. Also liked the little crunchie balls.
In terms of the ice-cream, it was just plain vanilla, didn't taste amazing, just
like the normal brands in supermarkets.
What made it worth it? Getting to chat to Darren Purchese himself :)

Comments

Popular Posts