Lifestyle: Hinoki Japanese Pantry

On my search for matcha green tea, I found this quaint little Japenese grocery store in Collingwood. Being relatively close to my placement I popped by one day but sadly there were out of stock of matcha, kindly they took my contact details and called me up when the order came through! I did expect it to be a larger store, based on the reviews of their products, but it actually is quite small with limited stock, and a larger variety of mainstream Western Japanese food rather than your traditional ingredients/flavours.

400g of Matcha - $23 approx.
Although it is expensive, it actually goes a long way
and can easily last you a year.
Chilli & Sesame spice mix - $3.10 approx
I love this stuff, and always see it in Japanese restaurants,
especially sushi trains, but have never found it in store till now.
Udon - $3.50 approx
Yea I sadly don't know how to make the udon noodles from scratch
but this seemed like quite a good deal, so who not try it.
Nose Maki & Inari - $10.50
A bit pricier than most sushi shops but tasted amazing. Their
rolls are definitely executed better, with great flavours. The
same tasted really fresh and the sauce was just superb, to me it
tasted like a mix of japanese sesame dressing and kewpie.
I am always a fan of inari and this did not dissapoint.

Hinoki Japanese Pantry on Urbanspoon


Comments

Popular Posts