Review: Will's Batch Ice Cream

Although I am currently participating in Live Below The Line, doesn't mean I don't have heaps of reviews to catch up on, so here is my latest, the last thing I ate out before the challenge began. Will's Batch sells their very own, 100% Australian made ice-cream (made right in our own Williamstwon, Victoria!).

Kahlua Biscotti Dough Gelato - $3 (small + $1 waffle cone)
Firstly their scoops are so generous!!! The male
serving me went back to heap more on and I was about
to stop him because I was like no I only wanted a small,
but somehow this constitutes as a small?!?!? I'm not complaining.
Large (3 scoops) - $7
From top:
Baci
I always love this flavour, because who doesn't
love the hazelnut and chocolate combo? This tasted
as good as any other baci I've had, except I like it
when they have little pieces of nut and chocolate or
ferrero rocher, which this one did not.
Black Sesame
This flavour was actually quite savoury, compared
to other ice-creams/gelatos of the same flavour that I have had.
I still liked it, although my friend did comment on
the "salty" taste. I definitely couldn't eat a lot of it
because the flavour is a bit unusual and I feel, the more
you eat, the more savoury it gets.
Green Tea
Again like the one above, this was more of a savoury
gelato. The matcha flavour was definitely strong, with
the tannins, giving it that little bitterness. My friend wasn't use
to the flavour, but I enjoyed it. Also, the texture of all the
ice-creams and gelatos were lovely, light and creamy.

Will's Batch Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts