Review: Fonda Mexican

This was my first meal out after Live Below The Line and I have not felt as grateful as I did that I have the luxury of eating out and exploring different cuisines without breaking the bank or having to travel overseas. All of which, are luxuries many people can't afford, so I'm sorry I'm plugging this again, but Oaktree is still accepting LBL donations until the 30th of June, so click the link to donate :)
https://www.livebelowtheline.com.au/team/mumus

Mex-bim-bap + fish - $14 (+$4 meat)
Corn, shaved zucchini, sweet potato, peas & mint, baby spinach, guacamole, 
quinoa, black beans, pickled carrots & onion, and shaved cabbage.
Firstly I was quite disappointed with the amount of fish I received. $4 for
5 peices seems a bit steep don't you think? Otherwise the serving was generous,
with heaps of vegetables to cover your recommended daily intake.
I wasn't a big fan of the pickled vegetables as they were slightly bitter, but my
favourites would've been the sweet potato and beans. The quinoa was
also cooked perfectly, really soft and fluffy, and the lemon dressing
added heaps of freshness and flavour.
Tortilla Chips - $9
White & blue corn tortilla crisps with casa-made guacamole & salsa
Really crispy, loved the chilli salsa and guacamole, the pomegranate
really gave it a pop of sweet flavour.
Adobo Chicken Quesidillas - $16
Pico de gallo, baby spinach, jalapeno-basil aioli, toasted ancho chillies.
I kind of wished I'd ordered this instead of my salad.
The tortilla were slightly crisp and the filling was definitely cheesy,
my friend found it too cheesy by the end which I could understand.
However all the flavours were great, the chicken was tender and I just
loved that aoili, the basil gave it an amazing flavour.

Fonda Mexican on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts