Review: The Hardware Societe

Sorry the the gap between posts lately, some of you may have realised I was back in Sydney the past week, busy catching up with family & friends as well as trying out more places to eat! So keep your eyes out for more Sydney reviews :)

Now back to Melbourne, this was my very first brunch experience in Melbourne, and to this day is still one of my favourites. A local and tourist hotspot, The Hardware Societe truly is a Melbourne icon with it's amazing food and excellent coffee.

Hansi Artisanale Limonade - $4.50
Grapefruit, blood orange, lemon and orange.
Mocha- $5
Still one of the best mochas I have had around town. Although you
might think it's a bit pricey, you can get 2 servings out of this jug,
so it's actually really worth the price. Padre coffee is also amazing, really
smooth, and the the chocolate isn't too sweet.
Latte - $3.50
I just wanted to put this here to show just how beautiful the
coffee art it. So much talent.
Baked Eggs - $18
My favourite baked eggs in all of Melbourne (even better than my own).
I have yet to try their vegetarian option, but this one contains chorizo and potato.
The flavours are just fabulous, love the mahon and aoili, great flavour and creaminess.
Also love the almond, adds a crunchy texture to the dish. I could honestly eat
the dish without the toast. Also I love that this dish isn't too runny and the eggs are
cooked to perfection.
Breakfast Cassoulet w/ poached eggs - $22 (+ $3 eggs)
This dish contains such a wide variety of flavours and ingredients,
but they really work well together and you are sure to find something you love.
My favourite ingredient had to be the beans, they were a bit hard for my like,
but had really nice flavour. Not too sure what they were, but the spiced crumbs
added really great flavour to all parts of the dish. I personally found the duck a bit
overcooked, the pork belly was well cooked though with a nice crispy skin.
Lobster Benedict - $24
A pricey dish for breakfast, but I've never had lobster and hollandaise
before so I had to try it. My first fault with the dish, was that I was
expecting a hot/warm dish but the brioche bun was luke warm and
the lobster was cold, as if it had been stored in the fridge, whereas
I thought it would be prepared to order. Otherwise the lobster
was cooked and seasoned well. The hollandaise sauce was great,
I loved the citrus hit, and the generosity.

Menu: (heaps of new additions since the last time I visited)




The Hardware Société on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts