Review: CJ Lunch Bar

Gosh this post is from aeons ago, when I went to watch the fabulous Script live in concert. It was a spectacular, theatrical night filled with so much joy. Can't wait till my next concert, Imagine Dragons here I come!!!

Free sides are always the best thing about any Korean restaurant.
Yang Nyeom Fried Chicken - $22
I was expected your typical fried chicken wings and dumplings,
but this was more like chicken breast coated in batter.
Either way it still tasted great, but the batter was a bit thick.
My friend found the flavour a bit strange, and I couldn't quite
put my finger on it, but later realised it tasted very much like
sweet & sour pork, but more spicy. All in all I loved the flavour,
but I can't say my rear end agreed with me the next day.
I don't care though, because it tasted great!
(Also the cabbage slaw was great too, especially that mayo.)
Cheese Chicken Bulgogi - $17.50
Their most popular dish, almost every table there had a serving of this.
Another friend of ours recommended this dish, and although I know
the amount of fat might be a deterrent, the flavour again was just amazing.
The dish came out sizzling hot, with the cheese quickly melting everywhere.
The chicken was cooked nice and tender. The marinade was very bold, but
not too spicy. I would've preferred some more vegetables in the dish,
there were a few greens and onions here and there, but not a substantial amount.

CJ Lunch Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts