Review: The Fat Seagull

Went here for a very late dinner after the Penguin Parade (again I must iterate how cute they are!!!). We were so happy to see The Fat Seagull still open late, as many of the other restaurants along Cowes main street were shut already, or almost closing. We were the last customers though, 2 tables left around the time we came in, and I did feel bad that we were keeping them back, but they technically are open till 11pm. Now the food was amazing, you could tell it was really made with care and love for the ingredients, superb. We shared these two dishes among three people, and found it filling, not completely full, but satiated.

Lamb Roast Pizza - $16.50
This pizza bas was amazing, so soft, but the crust had a nice crunch
and the thickness was perfectly in between flat and deep pan.
In terms of flavour, for some reason this pizza was sweet, and I
think it must of been the sauce they used, but I don't know what it was,
also there was no mint sauce on it as mentioned in the menu and the
pieces of lamb weren't generous, but I still loved it all.
Marinara Risotto - $24.50
I just love risotto, probably my favourite rice dish, apart from paella
and this didn't disappoint. I did find the rice was a bit harder
than I make mine, and there were clumps that didn't cook as well,
but it was definitely not hard. The seafood pieces were generous, they also
brought over parmesan which is the best. The white wine flavour was also there
but none of the alcoholic bitterness and the tomato sauce was rich, just lovely!
(imagine me kissing my fingers and saying "bellisimo") 

The Fat Seagull on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts