Review: Shyun

Was craving Japanese food, as I always do, so went out with a friend to this hyped up place in Carnegie. I have been wanting to try this place for a while, just based on my friends' recommendations, but sadly I left feeling a bit disappointed, and at $15 a piece, still a bit peckish.

Takoyaki - $6.20
One of my favourite Japanese dishes.
These weren't the best I've had but still darn good.
I felt they skimped on the octopus a bit,
and I like it when the outside has a bit of crunch.
I did like the generous amount of sauce though
Regular Sashimi - $10.90
Not as pretty as they show in the photos with the rose design
and all, but none the less, tasted good. The meat seemed fresh to
me, had good texture and flavour, I've just never been that big on plain raw meat,
when there is so much more you can do with it.
Soft Shell Crab Roll - $12.90
Yeah...I wasn't impressed with this at all.
The rice was overcooked so it became all soft and mushy.
The crab also consisted of very little meat and a lot of batter,
so really I couldn't taste much crab at all. The rice to filling
ratio also wasn't desirable, doesn't look to bad in the photos,
but I seriously felt like I was being filled up on starch.
I just hope their other sushi are better.

Shyun on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts