Lifestyle: Phillip Island Day Trip

I wanted to get away this Easter, just because you know, I want to do more with my life, experience more, try new things, see more of the world etc. (the cliche bucket list stuff). Although I have been to Phillip Island before, 5 years ago in April as well, I didn't really get to see much then as we were with a tour, where all we did was have dinner and see the penguins, so this time I really wanted to get as much out of the trip as possible. Of course, we would've preferred a two day stay, but being the last minute, unprepared teens "adults" we are, all suitable places were booked out, so cramming here it comes!

First Stop: Breakfast @ Porter Republic

Yes, we actually woke up early enough the have this for breakfast, not brunch.
One of the more popular places I found on urbanspoon, the space was lovely,
so open, they even had this little shop section selling local items, and an outdoor
area out the back.

The view from San Remo:


Panny's Chocolate Factory:

A real cocoa tree!!! jokes
A bit more conservative David, made of delicious chocolate.
Wouldn't you like to be immortalised in chocolate?
I scream, you scream, we all scream for chocolate
I would steal chocolate too
Not quite a chocolate river, but still mmm
We made our own chocolate!


Churchill Island Heritage Farm:


The horses were just so beautiful and we had the honour of riding
in their carriage.
One day I plan to own a cottage with a beautiful garden.
Taiwanese "popcorn" chicken was more butter than
chicken, I prefer my KFC thank you.
The most flavourless potato spirals, but oh well,
we gave it a go.
These were 100% fruit ice-creams, the secret is the use frozen bananas
as an alternative to the cream. This one is mango & coconut, and below is the
blackberry and coconut

Koala Conservation Centre:

Just sitting here enjoying the view
No photos, I'm sleeping
Spotted more wallabies than koalas I think

Cowes Easter Markets:

It was amazing, food, live performances and a whole bunch of knick knack and local food producers.

The best muffins I have ever tried, from Yarra Valley

Penguin Parade:

Don't get abducted in the wheat field
Couldn't take photos of the penguins, but proof I was there!

The Fat Seagull:

A very late dinner, before our drive home, where I just slept,
except for that part we got pulled over by the cops.
They just like to target P platers.

Comments

Popular Posts