Review: Journeyman

Had a lovely, big clinical site brunch outing at Journeyman a few weeks back. This place was highly recommended by a friend and also was the featured restaurant on Urbanspoon back then (psst...Urbanspoon is slowly integrating into Zomato, have you seen that Melbourne is finally on their site now!) We only called in 30 minutes before coming, so they were pretty grouchy with the big crowd, but c'mon were giving them income so they could've been nicer.
Avocado Hummus Toast - $19
w/ poached eggs, candied bacon & dukkah.
Only realised afterwards there was meant to be hummus on the toast, but there was
none at all.  Otherwise, I loved the dukkah and nuts. The eggs were poached well,
generous amount of spinach  and finally, the infamous candied bacon.
At first I had a bit of a gag reflex because it was super sweet,
but slowly the taste grew on me and by the end I did enjoy it.
It's one of those flavours that you don't eat a lot, and can be quite overpowering,
but good in moderation. Serving size if filling for 1 person,
but I shared it with a friend and thus wasn't exactly satiated.
Potato Croquette - $17
w/ tomato braised kale & peas, poached eggs, spiced pistachios and manchego.
I didn't try this dish, but it just looked so good and I had to take a photo,
and I definitely do want to try it some time.
Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake -$4
As some of you may know, I don't particularly like cheesecake,
but I do love crumble, and this crumble was amazing.
Although some did get soaked by the jam. The texture of the
whole cake was good too, not too dense, however, I found it was too sweet,
and definitely could not have finished it on my own.

Journeyman on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts