Review: Red Fish

This place has changed names so many times I have lost count. I still remember the first time I came here though, and it was called JJ sushi I believe. I love it way more than Sushi Bay in Westfield, the servings are more generous, prices cheaper and staff are friendlier.

Takoyaki - $3
Because it was sitting on the circuit for a while,
it was luke warm when I grabbed it, and sadly that did
detract from the dish, whereas my friend ordered a fresh one
and it was better. Lovely flavour and love the little tuna flakes.
Chilli Karaage - $3.80
Again this was luke warm, but in terms of flavour, it was great.
Quite intense on the salt by the end of it, so would like that cut down
next time. But the glaze was just so flavoursome, sweet, salty, spicy.
I believe mild chilli fans will appreciate this because it isn't too hot.
Crab rice paper roll - $3
I wasn't a big fan of this, in general, I hate fake crab meat,
also the roll was just too dry for me, with all the leafy greens,
I definitely needed some hoisin dipping sauce.
Salmon Sashimi - $5
The sashimi are always the most expensive dishes, so I never
go for them because I think it's quite basic and I love
the complexity of food.
Tuna & Avocado Roll - $3.80
You all know I love my tuna and this was amazing,
loved all the sauces, the tuna itself was lovely and rice
cooked well.

p.s. their inari sushi is also amazing, I always get in when I come here, except for this time, because it wasn't on the train and I was too full already.


Comments

Popular Posts