Review: Three Bags Full

Had a late start last week, so I woke up early to go out for breakfast and do some shopping =D I know, so studious right? Anyway, a friend of mine kept telling me that Three Bags Full has the best coffee, so I thought I should give it a try it. Of course, my palate is not as sophisticated as hers, but I did enjoy the coffee, and the amazing food!

Colombian Single Origin Latte - $3.50
I asked for the Ethiopian bean but sadly they didn't have it, so
they offered me the Columbian origin instead and I thought why not.
Firstly, as you know I don't like my coffee strong, and this one
definitely was. Towards the end it grew on me and definitely does
have a creamy toffee tone to it, but I did have to add quite a bit of sugar.
I still prefer Ethiopian over this. 
Twice Baked French Toast - $16.50
Let's start with the positives. That creme patissierre was to die for,
although I found it a tad bit too sweet, for some reason I couldn't
get enough of it, just had such lovely flavour and consistency,
was effortless to eat. The rhubarb was also poached well, with that
lovely tartness, and generous sprinkling of pistachios.
Now the French toast itself I found quite dense. It was almost like
a fruit loaf, made me feel bloated from the first bite. Because of it's
density, it was also a bit tougher to chew and in terms of flavour
it was nice, but as in all raisin/fruit toast, but also no prominent egg taste,
in my opinion.  All in all I loved the accessory components on the plate, but
sadly that toast was hard to eat.
Pulled Pork Flatbread - $14.50
Guys OMG this was amazing, not that I regretted my choice,
but seriously I would go back for more of this.
The pulled pork was very tender and flavoursome. A lot of the time
I feel restaurants try to add flavour with sauces rather
than just cooking the meat in a flavourful stock. This place did it
splendidly. The pumpkin hummus was also so smooth and delectable,
the flavours balanced really well. Also no need to mention how much
I love feta, it just lifted the dish up that notch. Also that presentation,
with all the popping colours, served on that soft pillow of bread.
Just fabulous!

Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts