Review: Oscar Cooper

Had a massively long break at uni last week and finally had the opportunity to catch up with some friends. Decided instead of constantly going Tall Timber, we would trek somewhere further and try something new :) Seriously us med kids are taking over South Yarra by storm.

p.s. sorry about the over-exposure of the photos, we decided to sit outside on a sunny afternoon.

Strawberry Field Fresh Juice - $5
Strawberry, watermelon, apple & orange.
Firstly, the price is very affordable, with the whole
juice craze going on at the moment, it's hard to find
honestly priced juices. Regarding the flavour,
I just loved it, the strawberry was definitely prominent,
there was also a hint of some herb, couldn't quite put my finger
on it, maybe coriander? Overall, excellent flavour and I
didn't get that massive layer of froth.
Open Steak Sanga - $20
My friend ordered, this and couldn't help but start munching on the fries :P
I had a try and must say the meat was good really well, not though at all.
I also really liked the coriander salsa, very fresh, and the mayo was
really nice too, didn't taste of horseradish at all. All in all,
if I am ever craving a steak, I think I will come try this one for myself one day.
"Sticky" Lamb Sliders - $18
Wasn't really what I'd call sticky, which was disappointing because I was totally
imagining this rich BBQ glaze. That being said, the flavours were still great, mayo
wasn't really sriracha, but the lamb was cooked really well, I eat a lot of pulled
meat that tends to be on the dry side and really in need of sauce, but this was the opposite.
The buns were also really soft, and I just love me some fries
(NB: they don't come seasoned, but there is S&P on the table)

 Menu:



Oscar Cooper on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts