Review: Porter Republic

Woke up extra early i.e. 6am (which is actually pretty normal for me...sigh), so we could get to Phillip Island early and have some out of Melbourne breakfast/brunch. This place definitely didn't disappoint, items were well-priced, with a wide menu choose from.

Banana & Mango Smoothie - $7.50
Sadly this barely tasted of either mango or banana.
The banana was definitely there but tasted diluted,
except the smoothie was thick, so maybe the bananas
weren't ripe enough? And yea sadly just non-existent
mango essentially.
Banana Espresso Smoothie - $7.50
Really was just an iced coffee, which my friend,
who isn't the biggest coffee fan, didn't really life
but I found it fine, if that was what I had ordered.
Special Breakfast Smoothie - $9
Essentially a meal in a drink, and that meal would be the
granola featured below. This was the favourite of all the drinks
just because it was full on flavour, could definitely taste the berries,
the cinnamon and the grainy granola in your mouth.
EBC - $10
Had a bite of this and OMG it was amazing!!! The aoili was the richest
I have ever tasted, so full on flavour and much creamier.
The bacon was also cooked well, with a slight crisp.
All in all a great classic brekkie burger.
Brekky Trifle - $13.50
My friend said this dish was a bit too sweet, I guess because
every component had sugar, but for me it was lovely. Not always
a big fan of muesli, but this one was nice and toasty. Also
generous with the fruits and yoghurt.
PR Benny - $17.50
Firstly, the highlight of my dish was the brown butter hollandaise,
although they weren't very generous with it as you can see, but the flavour
was amazing, loved the subtle burnt flavour. The rosti was also cooked well,
crispy shell with a smooth interior, but definitely needed seasoning. Also would've liked
some more prosciutto, and I was thinking it would come out cooked, but was served as is.

Menus:




Porter Republic on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts