Review: Big Tree House

Impromptu meal out in my hood led us to this quaint, yet bustling cafe, hidden on a small street of Dundas, not far from their even smaller station. Definitely a new potential hit in the Western Suburbs.

Left: Chocolate Milkshake - $5.50
I really enjoyed this milkshake, a lot thicker than I expected,
and not overly sweet, great wholesome chocolate flavour.
Right: Strawberry Milkshake - $3.50
I ordered a kid's size yet somehow it ended up the same size as my friends.
Now you know the secret to getting a cheaper drink :P
I didn't really like this flavour, wasn't as big on flavour
and definitely just made of syrup. 
Pasta of the Day - $16
Generous serving, but there was just way too much oil,
would've preferred the use of a sauce. The garlic flavour
was also quite strong, which might suit some, but not me.
Otherwise, the prawns were cooked well and went well
with the lemon zing.
Corn Fritters w/ Smoked Salmon - $17
Starting with the positives, beautiful display with those
rose shaped salmon. The avocado smash was lovely and the
poached egg was cooked well, but I would've liked two.
Now the negatives, firstly the tomato relish was sickly sweet,
overpowered all the other flavours on the dish.
The fritters were also quite dense and came out luke warm,
and as I am a slow eater they became cold, fast. I would've
also liked them a bit more crispy.
Pappa's Ricotta Cheesecake - $6.50 per slice
Long black - $3

I cannot dispute that Pappa's serves some of the best cheesecake around
and having the convenience of cafes in the west stocking their desserts
is a plus, but the price hike is totally unfair.
If you haven't tried any of Pappa's cheesecakes yet, I definitely recommend
you go ASAP, it's one my mum's favourite bakeries.
The classic ricotta featured here is good for those without a strong
sweet tooth, the filling is definitely a lot thicker than normal
and the pastry quite dense.

Unfortunately with Zomato's new policies I can't review more than 1 store in a post, but Pappa's is amazing, so click hear to read more reviews about them: https://www.zomato.com/sydney/pasticceria-papa-haberfield

Menu:


Click to add a blog post for Big Tree House on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts