Review: Mr Miyagi

Spur of the moment late night dinner trip. A median price restaurant, alike Chin Chin and Kong, but Japanese. My friend recommended the MFC, so we ordered that and yes it was AMAZING! All round, great service, excellent food and chill atmosphere.

p.s. sorry for the poor photos, I still haven't bought a DSLR and mood lighting doesn't like my camera.

Miyagi Fried Chicken - $14 for 6pcs ($20 for 10pcs)
The best fried chicken I have ever had, with the lightest better,
smashing seasoning and crispy skin. The chicken inside was also
cooked well, moist and tender. I would've preferred a lighter dipping
sauce though as the chicken is quite greasy already without the kewpie.
Nikuman steamed prok bao - $22 for 3pcs
Amazing buns, the 12hr braised pork was really tender and full
of flavour. The buns were also really light with a little sweetness.
I however did not enjoy the pickled ginger, as I never do,
but the cucumber was nice. The green mango confused me though
as it tasted more like raw pumpkin and was obviously orange.
Maybe it was just really unripe mango? But it didn't
taste like any green mango I have ever tasted. 
Roast 5 Spice Duck Leg - $25
One of the more expensive dishes on the menu, but will not disappoint.
The flavour combinations are really interesting, but will probably
not be to everyone's taste. The duck fore-mostly was cooked
to perfection, nice and moist. The waffles were of the English style
with a slight sweetness that complimented the duck, but didn't have
any fish or seaweed flavour to me, as it was meant to.
The mustard miso really does pack a punch, so use with precaution.
If only they weakened the ginger and mustard flavour a little,
it would've tasted 1000x better. I also found the betroot &
kimchi salad way too strong, again a lot of ginger, and couldn't eat it.
Kabocha Pumpkin Toast - $15
I really just wanted to try the pumpkin ice-cream because I've
never had it before and I'm glad I did. The ice-cream had
a spiced flavour, but maybe too spicy, would've liked the natural
pumpkin sweetness to shine through. The pumpkin & white chocolate
ganache was really nice though, but the star of the dish had to be the
refreshingly light yoghurt sorbert, added a nice sour zing to the otherwise
sweet dish. I've never liked honeycomb but cannot deny the accurate texture and
flavour. Overall a great dish.

 Click to add a blog post for Mr. Miyagi on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts