Review: The Baron

I have been seeing this place all over my Instagram and blog feed, but I rarely head into the northern suburbs...if only I still went to school there (says no one ever). However, after the Hills Relay For Life in May I headed out to brunch here with a good ole' gal pal of mine, looking like a dishevelled, dirty mess.

Chai Latte - $4
No pretty "coffee" art here, but tasted good to me.
Latte - $3.50
Good coffee, smooth, but a bit bitter for me, had to add 2 spoons
of sugar compared to my normal 1.
Black-ish Fried Rice - $16
I really enjoyed this dish, good serving size, couldn't finish it all.
My friend found the dish too spicy, but she can't handle spice.
For me it wasn't the flavour that was the bother, but the burn,
the essence of chilli is in the flavour not the heat, so I would've
preferred much more flavour and less heat from this dish.
I also would've preferred more vegetables in the rice, even just some
classic corn, peas etc. And also less oil in the cooking process
would've been nice. The egg was cooked well though, with a runny
yolk, unlike the dish below. Overall a good dish that I do recommend.
Baron Benny - $15
My friend was severely disappointed with their 63oC egg that
had a fully cooked yolk. Otherwise I think the dish tasted well,
great hollandaise and pickle does go well with the dish.
Another fault though is the small serving size, I despise places that
only give one of everything, while most give two for a similar price.

Menu: (with pretty art)



Click to add a blog post for The Baron on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts