Review: Khao Pla

First meal out back in Sydney with my lovely girl friend. My first time being in Chatswood in a long time was a joy, with a lovely meal, warm weather and colourful Vivid displays.

Thai Milk Tea - $4
My favourite milk tea, apart from the classic black milk tea I
have everyday. I still don't quite know what ingredients they
put in it, but it has this rounded sweetness, while still
retaining a strong tea flavour, plus that orange colour is
so bright and cheery.
Pad Si Ew - $12
We wanted the Kuy Teaw Kee Mao, however my friend can't handle spice and
they use a pre-made sauce for all dishes, so we opted for this instead and it didn't disappoint.
Firstly, such an affordable price and generous serving. Generous amounts of chicken,
but I would've preferred more greens. Some of the chicken wasn't cut properly
either, my friend picked up this massive chunk, so attention to detail is obviously
not on top of their list. Otherwise, the flavours were great. good balance of salt and sweet.
Pork Ribs - $19
I was expecting your typical messy, tiny ribs, with 80% bone,
but was pleasantly surprised with the generous chunks of tender,
fall-off-the-bone meat on these ribs. The flavour was superb,
but by the end of it I think I got a bit sick from the glaze.
I am also not a fan of the layers of fat on pork meat,
but overall superb flavours,generous portions and amazingly
well cooked meat.
Scoop of Thai Milk Tea Ice-cream - $6
Nicely decorated with coconut jelly, jackfruit and crispy pastry on top.
Lovely flavour, tasted like my drink but sweeter and creamier.
I absolutely loved it. Also loved the display, really bright and fresh.
That little bit of milk tea flavoured pastry on top really made the dish for me,
reminded me of classic Chinese egg rolls, just lovely texture and flavour.


Menu:



Click to add a blog post for Khao Pla on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts