Review: Devon On Danks

I've heard so many great things about Devon (and it's sister joint) since it only a couple short years ago. It really has planted itself as one of the best cafes in Sydney and I definitely see it's success hanging around for years to come.

Latte - $3.50
Smooth, good amount of foam but a bit bitter for my liking.
Banana & Chai Smoothie - $6.50
Firstly, I was so disappointed with the size, such a tiny
bottle. It also was more of a milkshake than a smoothie.
The chai flavour was subtle but nice and overall flavour was
good, but I'm not sure if it's worth $6.50
Little Lost Bread - $17
The best brioche bread ever. It didn't have a strong egg taste
but the bread was just so light and sweet, had excellent flavour
and texture on it's own. The balsamic gastrique was a nice addition,
cutting through the sweetness of the rest of the dish.
the ice-cream had great flavour and creaminess.
Dr Seuss's Green Eggs & Ham - $20
Love the name. The bacon was crisped well. The pea puree
and beans were cooked well too, but the egg was just too runny.
I've had 63 degree egg before but they were more cooked than this.
It made the whole dish a bit too fluid. I enjoyed the hash brown though.
The taste and texture was of some kind of radish, but I'm not quite sure what.
Thai Soft Serve - $5
The texture was good, but the flavour was a bit
strange to me. Had an unusual sweetness,
like a mix of syrups. Khoa Pla definitely
had a better flavour. Also not worth the price,
even though size is quite generous.

Click to add a blog post for Devon on Danks on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts