Review: Fifty Acres

I am switching hospital placements this week and am already missing this fabulous cafe. I'm not a big fan of their coffee, but I sure do love their hot chocolate and baked goods that I get to go during my breaks.

p.s. I love the minimalist, open space design of the cafe, a lot more modern and bright.

Hot Chocolate - $4
The best hot chocolate I have ever had.
Really creamy and rich flavour, lovely cocoa bitterness. Only faults were the
sediment of cocoa left at the bottom, and the sweetness of the drink.
However, I just ask for less sugar now, so it's all good.
Turkish Eggs - $16
w/ labneh, dukkah, chilli oil & roti.
I didn't try this dish, but that bright oil sauce just looked so
tantalising, plus I love dukkah, so I will definitely come back to try this one day.
Breakfast Burrito - $17
containing scrambled eggs, manchego, tomato relish and a corn,
avocado & black bean salsa, w/ chipotle sauce.
Large serving size and a great vegetarian option, with the choice
of adding bacon at an extra cost.
Chorizo Scotch Eggs - $18
w/ avocado, manchego, spinach & mustard mayo.
I just loved this dish. The scotch eggs were packed with flavour, a nice, crispy shell
with a runny yolk.  However, the meat didn't particularly taste like chorizo,
but rather minced pork, which was still good. Also, very generous with the avocado, 
but would've liked more succulent vegetables e.g. tomatoes, as the dish was quite dry.
I also loved the cheese, really strong flavour, and that mayo was just so creamy.

Click to add a blog post for Fifty Acres on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts